About Us

Newborn puppy resting peacefully with their pack.

PUPPIES FOR SALE

On 12/20/19 Charly gave birth to a beautiful litter of puppies. 10 to be exact! 5 males and 5 females! 


English Cream Purebred AKC Golden Retrievers
FOR SALE

DOB 12/20/2019
Males & Females available and will be ready for their furever homes around 02/14/2020
Price: $$$$
AKC Limited Registration
Health Guarantee and Contract

International Champion Pedigree
Both parents have gone through Health & OFA testing. 

OFA Test Results for Darling Charly of L.A. Acres are found here: https://www.ofa.org/advanced-search?f=sr&appnum=2075565

Montego Absolute Truth's  health certificate pdf documents are found here: https://lakecountrygoldens.com/tristan  

Please scroll to the bottom of his website page to view.

All of our puppies are born and raised in our family’s home. It is our responsibility and goal to promote and strengthen the Golden Retriever breed.

Call or text Laura for more information: (269) 217-8454
You can also visit her on AKC Marketplace for more information.

https://marketplace.akc.org/breeder/laacres/golden-retriever/211670


Like us on Facebook! Golden’s of L.A. Acres
www.facebook.com/goldensoflaacres
www.facebook.com/laacres


Follow us on Instagram!

www.instagram.com/goldensofl.a.acres

A man's best friend.

Responsible Breeders

Golden's of L.A. Acres has been raising AKC Golden Retrievers since 2017. Laura Adkin, owner, has a lifetime of experience with raising and caring for dogs, cats and horses. She has an extreme passion for animals and strives to give them the best and healthiest lives possible. 

Through her good friend and mentor, Leslie Grinage-Carpenter, Laura learned all about how wonderful Golden Retrievers and English Cream Golden Retrievers can be and why adding the English lineage to the American line is so important. Leslie has 20+ years of experience breeding and raising American and English Cream Golden Retrievers. 

In the summer of 2017 Laura decided that the English Cream Golden Retriever / American Golden Retriever was the breed of dog she wanted to start her breeding business with and purchased her bitch Darling Charly of L.A. Acres aka Charly. 

Charly recently had her very first litter of puppies on December 20, 2019. This litter will be ready for their forever homes around February 14, 2020!! Charly was bred to Montego Absolute Truth aka Tristan. Tristan stands at stud with Lake Country English Cream Golden Retrievers, owned by Jourdan and Nathan Lamse. 

DNA testing can be found on K9data.com by searching either dog's name. 

Laura is an approved breeder on the AKC Marketplace. 

Ready to be your Valentine!

Happy, Healthy Goldens

Golden Retrievers are not fussy in what they eat, preferring instead to gobble up anything they can get their paws on!

Whatever owners and dog breeders choose to feed, it should be high quality dog food.  Our vet recommends feeding puppies Royal Canin Golden Retriever Puppy Dry Dog Food until  15 months old and then switching to Royal Canin Golden Retriever Adult Dry Dog Food after 15 months old.

Whatever you feed, it is recommended that it should not be a Grain Free diet. Many studies have recently determined  this is not a good diet for a Golden Retriever's heart or health. Check out this article from UC Davis for more information: https://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/news/uc-davis-investigates-link-between-dog-diets-and-deadly-heart-disease

When it comes to treats, try to feed healthier treats such as dog safe fruits and vegetables, as opposed to calorie filled over the counter treats.

This breeds diet works best if you follow the 80/20 rule.

Feeding 80% of your dog’s calories in their main food source and making up the remaining extra 20% with treats.

Darling Charly of L.A. Acres enjoying a beautiful fall day in Michigan.

A Furever Friend

Ranking as the 3rd most popular dog breed in America, it is unsurprising that the Golden Retriever is a dog we all know and love.

Kind, loving and gentle, these guys are renowned for their patience with children. Although they are considered to be a large dog, they are extremely gentle and are not at all accident prone.

Golden Retriever's are kind and loving dogs, with gentle personalities that win over the whole family, making good puppies and dogs for people of all age who are looking for an active dog who loves to play with their closest human companions.


Instagram

Feed coming soon

Sign Up For Updates

Be the first to hear about new Golden Retriever litters of puppies, availability, and helpful pet advice.

Contact Us

Litter Inquiries

Reserve Your New Family Member!

Our Golden Retriever puppies are adopted quickly, so reach out to find out how you can place  your deposit for your furever friend or to ask any questions.  

Golden's of L.A. Acres

South Haven, Michigan, United States

laacresllc@gmail.com Call or text: (269) 217-8454

Downloads

Files coming soon.